The Cutting Table Apprentice (CTA) is an apprentice level job whose main responsibilities are to perform duties of the assigned work center and to assist shop fabrication personnel in the performance of their duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all of the following satisfactorily:
- Learn and become proficient in work center(s) as assigned by the Fabrication Manager. Primary work center for this position is the CNC glass cutting table, but may require working at any center within the company depending on fabrication needs
- Under the guidance of the Fabrication manager, perform routine tasks associated with the CNC cutting table including reading customer work orders, accurately keying work order details into the computer CAD system, laying down sheets of glass on the table, executing the generated CAM programs, breaking out scored pieces, and staging them at the appropriate work centers for further operations and/or seaming the edges depending on the customer requirements.
- Learn and follow the company’s methods and procedures.
- Complete required paperwork in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Perform any and all duties as directed by the Fabrication Manager to ensure a quality product.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations, and adhere to all company policies as indicated in the company guidelines.
- Working overtime as required to meet deadlines.
- Performs other duties as directed.
To be considered for this position, an individual should meet all of the following:
- Education and/or Experience – High school diploma or GED or equivalent education required.
- Computer Skills – Ability to use Microsoft Windows and Windows-based applications. Familiarity with graphics programs like AutoCAD. Effective keyboard and mouse skills with a high degree of accuracy.
- Driving – Valid driver’s license required. Note that this position will not have the authority to drive company vehicles.
- Language Skills – Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Mathematical Skills – Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure. The ability to accurately read a tape measure.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Communication Skills – Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Drug Free.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Contributes to building positive team spirit.
- Diversity – Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics – Treats people with integrity and ethically.
- Organizational Support – Supports organization’s goals, values, and code of ethics as outlined in the employee manual.
- Judgment – Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Knows when to ask for help; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Treats others with respect and consideration; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Work Ethic – Self-motivated, eager and quick learner, applies and builds on new skills.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, attention to detail, and pride in ones’ work.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner.
- Safety and Security – Observes all safety and security procedures; Uses proper safety equipment; Requests assistance when lifting materials that are too heavy for being handled alone. Reports unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly. Does not use equipment for which they are not certified.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Standing/Walking/Sitting: Standing and walking on concrete flooring, pavement, and uneven ground area.
- Lifting/Carrying/Bending/Twisting/Reaching: Regularly requires bending, twisting, and reaching. Routinely lifting and carrying up to 75 pounds throughout the day and occasionally up to 100 pounds.
- Climbing: Climbing up and/or down steps carrying material while loading/unloading trucks
- Talking/Hearing: Verbal Communication required. Normal hearing required.
- Vision: Depth perception, color vision, and near visual acuity required.
- Temperaments: Ability to work independently and under specific instructions with little supervision. Ability to perform repetitive tasks.
- Environment Factors: Concrete floor surface. Exposure to changes in temperature/ humidity while loading/unloading trucks and while working in and around the shop.
|Production Worker, Production Worker - Cutting Department